Exodus 20:8-11 (Thompson)
8. “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
9. Six days you shall labor and do all your work,
10. but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates.
11. For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.
Exodus 31:15-17 (Thompson)
15. ‘Work shall be done for six days, but the seventh is the Sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.
16. ‘Therefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations as a perpetual covenant.
17. ‘It is a sign between Me and the children of Israel forever; for in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day He rested and was refreshed.’ ”
Exodus 34:21 (Thompson)
21. “Six days you shall work, but on the seventh day you shall rest; in plowing time and in harvest you shall rest.
Leviticus 26:2-4 (Thompson)
2. You shall keep My Sabbaths and reverence My sanctuary: I am the LORD.
3. ‘If you walk in My statutes and keep My commandments, and perform them,
4. then I will give you rain in its season, the land shall yield its produce, and the trees of the field shall yield their fruit.
Deuteronomy 5:12-15 (Thompson)
12. ‘Observe the Sabbath day, to keep it holy, as the LORD your God commanded you.
13. Six days you shall labor and do all your work,
14. but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your ox, nor your donkey, nor any of your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates, that your male servant and your female servant may rest as well as you.
15. And remember that you were a slave in the land of Egypt, and the LORD your God brought you out from there by a mighty hand and by an outstretched arm; therefore the LORD your God commanded you to keep the Sabbath day.
Isaiah 56:2 (Thompson)
2. Blessed is the man who does this, And the son of man who lays hold on it;
Who keeps from defiling the Sabbath, And keeps his hand from doing any evil.”
Isaiah 58:13-14 (Thompson)
13. “If you turn away your foot from the Sabbath, From doing your pleasure on My holy day,
And call the Sabbath a delight, The holy day of the LORD honorable,
And shall honor Him, not doing your own ways, Nor finding your own pleasure,
Nor speaking your own words,
14. Then you shall delight yourself in the LORD; And I will cause you to ride on the high hills of the earth,
And feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father. The mouth of the LORD has spoken.”