Today we welcome author Kit Morgan to The Mimosa Blossom.
Kit Morgan has been writing for fun all of her life. Her whimsical stories are fun, inspirational, sweet and clean, and depict a strong sense of family and community. Raised by a homicide detective, one would think she’d write suspense, but no. Kit likes fun and romantic westerns! Kit resides in the beautiful Pacific Northwest in a little log cabin on Clear Creek, from which her fictional town in her Prairie Brides and Prairie Grooms series is named after.
Thank you so much Kit for taking time out of your busy schedule to join us.
(1) Do you read much, if so who are your favorite authors?
For some reason, I do a lot of reading in the summer. Last summer I read all of Diana Gabaldon’s Outlander series. No mean feat. Eight books of 700-900 pages each. Great stuff! And yes, she is my favorite!
(2) Would you share some favorite bits of dialogue from your books?
“You did what?!” Jack barked, stumbling forward. He was hopping mad, and if he wasn’t careful he’d trip over something, fall and break his neck. “Assistant? I don’t need an assistant!”
“You need a good kick in the head is what you need,” Howard shot back, clenching his fists. “Of all the stubborn, mule-headed, prideful men I’ve ever known, Jack Carlson, you are the worst!”
“At least I’m still proficient at something.”
And then we have …
“I wasn’t complaining. I was concerned.”
Willow poured him a cup of tea. “About what? Bandits in the kitchen?”
“No … that you didn’t want to sit with me.”
She stared at him, this time glad he couldn’t see her face. “Why would you think that?”
“Because I’m not the best of company at times. I’m blind, yes, but I’m not stupid.” He laughed at his joke.
(3) Just for fun, milk chocolate or dark chocolate ? with nuts?
Oh, definitely milk. No need for nuts, just give me the chocolate!
(4) What surprised you most about your characters as you wrote `That Healing Touch`? Their banter once it got going. The faces Willow made, knowing Jack can’t see her.
(5) What is the most interesting thing about you?
I’m really a fictional character. No, really. Kit Morgan is a character from my Time Master Series written under Geralyn Beauchamp. She begins her writing career in that series.
(6) Who inspired you to write?
Other than my love of story telling? Several English teachers and a dare by Julia Quinn!
(7) Other than writing, what’s a fun hobby you do when relaxing?
Reading, hiking and I’m a flute player!
(8) What is your favorite food?
Gads, that’s a tough one. Good old fashioned home cooking!
(9) What energizes you and what wears you out?
Going to new places! As to what wears me out, too much going on at the same time.
(10) What is the message you hope readers will leave with after reading `That Healing Touch`?
That hope can bring healing.
Kit, I enjoyed learning more about you. I can agree with you on so many of your answers especially your favorite food. And I love that you play the flute.
Once again thank you for your time and for visiting The Mimosa Blossom.